Introduction to Roof Maxx
It is very common for roofs to degrade overtime, especially if you live in a sunny or rainy area. Whether it’s absorbing solar heat, blocking frozen precipitation, or standing up to the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays, your roof is constantly in a state of stress and wearing off. In such cases, Roof Maxx is an option for you to prevent this corrosion from taking place. This article will give a detailed review of Roof Maxx and how Roof Maxx works so you can make an informed decision on how to protect your roof from damages.
Roof Maxx is a company that has a penetrating plant based bio-oil product that is used to replace the oil in asphalt roof shingles that corrode overtime.
Is Roof Maxx Legit?
Roof Maxx is an innovative technology that offers an affordable solution to roof shingle maintenance. This product is a spray-on treatment that uses plant-based, food-grade, non-toxic oils to extend your roof’s lifespan and prevent it from degrading.
The flexibility and waterproofing you expect from your roof are provided by the petrochemical oil used when manufacturing shingles.
Exposure to weather elements cause these oils in your roof to deteriorate with time, making the shingles brittle and vulnerable to breaking. This happens as a roof ages naturally.
When the Roof Maxx solution is sprayed on your roof, the plant-based oil absorbs into the shingles restoring their flexibility, durability, and waterproofing abilities rejuvenating the shingles making them good as new.
- Specifically created for the treatment of fiberglass-asphalt shingles, Roof Maxx is a spray-on coating. It typically takes 1-2 days for a certified contractor to spray the product on an average sized roof.
- The main ingredient is an acrylic polymer and various conditioners and plasticizers. Roof Maxx dries to form a flexible, breathable coating, allowing for expansion and contraction.
- According to Roof Maxx, it creates a strong barrier that seals the oils in your roof by penetrating the shingles. As a result, there are fewer leaks, less weather-related damage to the roof, and higher levels of solar radiation reflection, which lower attic temperatures.
- Roof Maxx states their product can extend the life of shingles up to 15 years. The coating is reapplied every 5-7 years to maintain protection.
Benefits of Roof Maxx
- Given that it’s plant-based, Roof Maxx is both safe for use in residential applications and non-harmful to the natural environment. It is a safe, all-natural food-grade product that is 100% safe for people, animals, property & the environment.
- Roof Maxx’s plant-based treatment can extend the life of asphalt shingle roofs, which can be more cost-effective than a full roof replacement.
- Extends the life of your existing shingles by up to 15 years.
- Protects against leaks, water damage, and other issues that could arise from worn, aging shingles.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty, so you have assurance in the product.
Your asphalt shingle roof should be thoroughly cleaned of any dirt or debris before applying Roof Maxx. If there is dirt buildup, pressure wash the roof. The roof needs two to three days to thoroughly dry. To function correctly, Roof Maxx needs a dry, clean surface.
Roof Maxx is applied by an expert roofer to provide even, thorough coverage. With the help of a specialist pump sprayer, the substance is applied. It usually takes two coats, with a two to three hour delay between each. Within 30–60 minutes, the coating hardens to create a durable finish.
Performance and Durability
Roof Maxx offers several advantages to asphalt shingles after being applied and cured. In addition to guarding against deterioration from the elements and UV rays, it helps prevent cracks, splits, and curling. The coating prevents leaks and is waterproof, allowing it to move with the tiles. Your shingles’ life expectancy might be extended by up to 15 years by applying Roof Maxx. For the optimum effects, Roof Maxx has to be used every 5 to 10 years to maintain protection.
When the coating is completely dried, your roof’s beauty is preserved because it is almost undetectable. Neither the color nor the texture of shingles are appreciably altered with Roof Maxx. Your homeowner’s insurance rates might be reduced by the protective qualities of Roof Maxx. It does not provide any additional fire resistance, however, it is a non-flammable product.
Roof Maxx has mostly positive reviews from customers who have reported that it helped extend the life of their asphalt shingle roofs and improved their appearance. Homeowners frequently commented on how easy Roof Maxx is to apply, with no mess or strong odors. The spray-on application means no buckets, brushes, or rollers.
Many reviews also called Roof Maxx a cost-effective alternative to roof replacement, allowing homeowners to prolong the life of their current roof at a fraction of the cost of re-roofing. For the price, most feel it provides good value.
However, there are some negative reviews for Roof Maxx as well. Homeowners reported issues with uneven coverage, limited longevity, and difficulty obtaining warranty claims. It’s essential to conduct thorough research to determine if Roof Maxx is the right choice for your roof, as results may vary depending on the specific circumstances.
Pricing and Availability
To get a precise statement about how much your particular undertaking will cost, you should contact a Rooftop Maxx vendor or fill out a form on their website detailing information about your roof.
The costing mostly depends on the size, structure, and condition of your roof. The expense of a treatment is only between 15%-20% of the expense of a whole rooftop substitution.
For instance, while a 1500 square foot rooftop might cost $8,000 to completely replace, the Rooftop Maxx application cost for this same rooftop would approximately cost around $1200-$2,000.
Is Roof Maxx Worth It?
To conclude, Roof Maxx offers a practical way to restore the life of your asphalt shingle roof without having to replace it entirely. Longer roof life, enhanced security, and energy efficiency savings all seem like tempting benefits. Cons, such as variable performance outcomes and unidentified long-term impacts, raise doubt, nevertheless. Research and take into account the state of your roof’s existing condition before purchasing any product that looks too good to be true. If a roof replacement is already planned, Roof Maxx might not be a wise financial decision. If you want to put off replacing your roof but have reasonable expectations for the extended life it could bring, Roof Maxx can be a cost-effective answer. You have the option!